Monday, 4 September 2017

Final bedroom finished

It's been a while since the last post, not that we haven't been busy.
This summer we have been working in the orchard, putting up a fruit cage, made a tree seat and taking down part of the bank in front of the house, to open up the view.
I have also made a start on a permanent BBQ area, which will be a simple concrete plinth, and pizza oven - more progress on that later.

Inside we have mainly been working in the top attic room, which we completed just in time for our annual family get together over August bank holiday.

We are very pleased with how it has turned out.
Repairing the back chimney wall, and adding a slate sill made a huge difference.
The 12inch floorboards look fabulous (even if they did nearly kill me getting them up there), stained and sealed.

As the room originally was.......

Also started on the stairs -  with Lloyd and I spending a Dad&Son weekend together on it.
First flight is nearly done. The spindles have been made, and I have cut the inner-string(outer string will be nipsy), so just(!!) have to router the handrail and the first(of 4) flights will be complete.
We learned a lot on that one, which I can hopefully continue upward by myself.