BlaenCwmBychan

BlaenCwmBychan

Monday 6 January 2014

2014 - first post




Forgot to mention in 2013, that Lloyd and I had started to build a cupboard in the alcove of the Inglenook room (another attempt to make it tidier and give us some safe storage).
I built the frame, and Lloyd started the facing and panelling.
I have this idea of creating false panelling on the partition walls between the Inglenook and the Hall and the Library and the Hall, so wanted to practice on a smaller project.
The cladding is simple T&G, and the panelling is made from 70x20mm (you will have to get used to me swapping between metric and imperial all the time). It looks ok, not perfect, but ok.

Slight complication, I wanted it to be a "hidden cupboard" with a concealed door. This worked fine excect the door opens onto the raised panelling pieces and so doesnt quite work yet...finding hinges is an ongoing project in itself.






No comments:

Post a Comment